South Gloucestershire Council Logo Bath & North East Somerset Council logo North Somerset Council Logo Bristol City Council Logo

Emergency procedures

There are times when the property may have to be entered as a matter of emergency. Statutory Bodies can do so and the most common examples to enter, inspect and carry out Repairs are:

  • Gas: contact the National Grid emergency number 0800 111 999
  • Water: severe and/or flooding contact the utility company responsible for water in your region, if closing the stopcock is ineffective
  • Suspicious circumstances relating to criminal activity: liaise with the police

If you are in dispute with your tenant, it is best to allow these organisations to enter the property under their statutory powers rather than enter the property yourself, as this will prevent the tenant from making allegations of unlawful entry and harassment against you.

Previous section | Next section

Web Designer